Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

The hand brake beeping sound comes on when I am driving my

Customer Question

the hand brake beeping sound comes on when I am driving my jeep with the lights on...the only way to stop it is to use the left indicator
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: 2006 TJ Wrangler
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: usually I fix it myself..however if it was the brake fluid the sound would come on when I am driving without the lights on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Does this only occur with the lights on ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only when the lights are on.
It happens every 5 minutes ...the only way to stop the sound is to use the left indicator. The right indicator does not stop the sound which is quite irritatingI have one other question..I need to replace the front indicator bulb. I notice that the light is fixed on with allen keysAre the metric keys metric or imperial?
.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

im not sure if you need to or not yet, are the lights doing anything out of the ordinary? what do they do when you turn the left indicator on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The lights seem normal...however I need to look at the passenger side indicator light as it is seems to be flashing too quickly hence the question are the allen keys to remove the indicator light cover are metric or imperial
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

im not sure on that are you having to buy the tools is that why?

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

what happens when you engage the e brake with the light off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't understand e brake....do you mean hand brake...if I engage the hand brake with the lights off I get the normal warning beeping sound
I need to buy a set of allen keys to take the indicator light covers off.
I just wanted to make sure I bought the right allen keys hence the question re the Jeep being metric or imperial
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

im having a problem finding the e brake circuit so ill have to opt out and see if the other techs can help out

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok...get back to me when you can
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is it possible for you to make a video demonstrating the "Beeping sound"? Are there any lamps illuminated on the instrument cluster other than the normal lights that come on while driving? Can you record the cluster also if you are able to record a video? If you can do this, please post the video to YouTube and I'll review it and give you my thoughts...

let me know if you can do this...

Thank you,

Robert