Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh,
Experience:  Master Tech at Kennesaw Auto Tech
97664209

Bog down under acceleration. replaced throttle sensor,

bog down under acceleration. replaced throttle sensor, complete turn up and replace fuel fitler. had fuel pump checked for pressure and it was fine. can't get over 45 mph
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1991 jeep Cherokee. 4.0 straight 6
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and I already said what we have tried so far
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: bog down under acceleration. replaced throttle sensor, complete turn up and replace fuel filter. had fuel pump checked for pressure and it was fine. can't get over 45
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: shifts rough when accelerating.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Does this issue occur when engine cold, warmed up or all the time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, are you there?

Have you checked for a clogged catalytic converter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

The symptoms you are experiencing could be from a plugged exhaust not letting exhaust flow freely. That will result in backfire and boggins specially upon acceleration.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its not backfiring
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
never has

It can cause it to just bog too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do you check that

To check for a plugged catalytic you will need a backpressure gauge. Another way to check is by loosening the catalytic converter inlet, then start the engine and check if issue persists.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what's the deal on tapping the cat to hear rattling?

That will only help if a piece of platinum is broken and loose. If it is melted and plugged you will not hear anything.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, what does a new cat cost usually?

A universal (weld on) catalytic approx 200-250$ and a direct fit(bolt on) catalytic approx 400-450$

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if that is not the problem what else can it be? would the O2 sensor cause the bogging down?

o2 sensor cannot cause it to bog. You have already replaced the ususal culprits and checked the fuel pressure. Only scenarios left are clogged exhaust or timing. BUt timing will give you an issue at idle too, so i'm leaning more towards exhaust.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thank you. we will check that then.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
got it. you have a good day too!