tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, Mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD tranny 45RFE has error codes

Customer Question

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD tranny 45RFE has error codes 0869, 0876 and 0932. Fluid was slightly overfilled but I drained some out
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: transmission, good color red
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes but with help from mechanic. nothing yet but may change fluid and fllters first
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: had crankshaft sensor go out prior to this. Problems shifting then but got better after repair...then shifting in high gear 3rd to 4th problems started
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

what engine do you have?

please explain tome what the transmission is doing

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3.7l engine. Error codes 0869, 0876, 0932 from diagnostic. Slippage is occurring after crankshaft sensor was replaced. Oil tranny level was slighly high so i drained some. Plan to change filters and fluid.

when does it slip?

does it do it hot and cold?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
both

ok..stand by..so i can review these codes

tell me,,what gears does it slip in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Typically 3rd to 4th

ok

and had no problems at all before you replaced the crank sensor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Some slight dlippage or jumping forward took place before sensor failed. Jeep ran a bit but would stall.

when you say it slips in 3rd and 4th..please explain..does it only slip a little or does the engine rev and the gears arent there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Spitters is a better explanation. Geas grab and shift?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gears i mean

ok

io will give you my thoughts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also meant sputters a bit. Had codes reset, so far appears better. Driving home now and will see response after warming up.

sense the problem began with replacing the crank sensor and you are getting codes for the line pressure sensor ..the first thing you need to do is check the wiring to the sensor,it may have got damaged from the crank sensor repair.

if the wire harness is good,then you may want to replace the line pressure sensor.

do change the filter,a clogged filter could cause this problem..

i will also give you tests/checks for these codes

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00i8ombfz4nc4dk/0908-liberty-P0869.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/00i8ombfz4nc4dk/0908-liberty-P0869.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sounds good. Fyi...shifting from 2nd tp 3rd low speed causes the shutterimg in drive. High speed has less problems shifting as does keeping it in 2ng gear. Will change fluid and filter saturday. Thanks.

you are very welcome