sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Alarm system is on Carl start and then dies don't know how

Customer Question

Alarm system is on Carl start and then dies don't know how to disable it lights blink sounds like the turn signal always on don't know what to do
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes he's looks good
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: yes looks good
JA: What year is your Jeep?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Messing up the batteries looking at the Jesus looking at the AMC fuse can you grunt juking disable the alarm and it I know it's a pain in the ass
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will it eventually start if I just leave it unlocked and leave it alone
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine starts and dies after approximately two seconds along with the lights flashing and horn honking then the problem is indeed with factory security.

Factory security can be disarmed with the unlock button on the key fob or by unlocking a door or the liftgate manually with the key, assuming the disarm switches still work.

Do you have a functional key fob?