Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Alarm system is on Carl start and then dies don't know how…

Customer Question
Alarm system is on...

Alarm system is on Carl start and then dies don't know how to disable it lights blink sounds like the turn signal always on don't know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes he's looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Yes looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Messing up the batteries looking at the Jesus looking at the AMC fuse can you grunt juking disable the alarm and it I know it's a pain in the ass

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will it eventually start if I just leave it unlocked and leave it alone

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/7/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine starts and dies after approximately two seconds along with the lights flashing and horn honking then the problem is indeed with factory security.

Factory security can be disarmed with the unlock button on the key fob or by unlocking a door or the liftgate manually with the key, assuming the disarm switches still work.

Do you have a functional key fob?