Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1990 Jeep, Comanche Eliminator, Heavy rain caused a stall

1990 Jeep
JA: What is the model of your '90 Jeep?
Customer: Comanche Eliminator
JA: Are you fixing your Comanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Heavy rain caused a stall restarted then parked and wont start. checked coil and distributor good Noticed ICM has cracks in the material underneath. Can that cause the no start?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the cracks in the material in the ICM

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The cracks can allow electrical signals in the ICM to short or spark to short.I have seen this several times before and had to replace the ICM to resolve this fault here.The rain can work its way into the cracks or moisture in the air and can cause this issue as well with the ICM needing replaced.

The ICM should be replaced.I would also have fuel pressure tested to make sure this isnt a weak or failed fuel pump that is causing this no start.Your fuel pressure should be between 31 and 39 psi.If any lower I suspect the fuel pump is weak needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete