Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

My radiator on my 2000 gr cher.lardo leaks on the left side.

Customer Question
My radiator on my...

My radiator on my 2000 gr cher.lardo leaks on the left side. I can't see the starting point.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

Ibelieve the lower hose is a couple years, then there is an Alum.tube with rubber hose that runs next to it. I can see where it is coming from, but not the leak itself.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Jeep?

Grand chereakee Laredo 4 x4 auto.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I am trying to remove the fan shroud so that I may see exactly where the leak is. how big it is ,try to figure out why all of a sudden it is doing it. I've bought stop leak for radiator and cooling system I was going to use after I flush the system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am female 62 and going on past experience .Am I headed in the right direction on this. I cannot wait on the men I know to help or do it for me. so any professional suggestions I'd appreheate. thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
8/6/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this a 4.0 liter engine?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

4.0L 6 cyl. 4x4 auto.

Is this an electric fan you are trying to remove or a mechanical fan with a fan clutch?

sir, it is an electric fan attached to radiater. the leak that concerns me,Icannot see with the fan shoud in the way. I"ve been looking and guess need to remove upper rad hose so I may be able to move unit over to get better view then make repairs. I misread your advertisement. 7 days fee trial fully refundable. not 26.00. if I could afford that . I could afford shop or yard shop..

Would you like to continue here with help on this or do you want to speak with customer care on the charges?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

You have not given me any assistance. so I am just going to back out while I am ahead. Thank you Pete. I am sorry I took up your time. I belive I have Seven Days free trial with My $5.oo deposit. If not , then would you plese be so kind and hook me up with customerCare. Again thank you. Marcia Wyatt..

No problem Marcia.I can post the procedure on how to remove the fan assembly to help locate the leak if you wanted it.If not below is the link to customer care.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete

Pete, can you really? I really don't want my $5.00 back, But I certainly cannot afford $26.oo if I have to g0 spend money on parts which I know is going t happen. Nothing is given freely any more ,so, five dollars is all I can do. Yes please tell if I am headed in the right direction? If you still feel that you can help me pinpoint this leak on phone - ok-. thank you(###) ###-####

It would be best for you to speak with customer care first on this.Then you can determine from there if you want to continue.I would contact them in the link above first.

Thanks Pete

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman