Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Driver side headlamp unit doesnt turn on. not the drl

Customer Question

driver side headlamp unit doesnt turn on. not the drl turning nor headlight. not is blown all bulbs are good. 2012 jeep grand cherokee overland summit
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes on the bulbs, fuses im not sure what one is for the driver side
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am. not much, besides ensuring all bulbs are good, put in a new ballast made sure all connections were connected, weird part is the DRL will come on when i put it in reverse, then shuts back off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that about sums it up
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On your model here your vehicle uses signals from the TIPM ( integrated power control module which is part of the under hood fuse panel itself).This TIPM can be common to fail internally electronically and causes no light issues like you see or odd lighting issues.I suspect with what you have described here the TIPM has to be replaced to resolve this fault.It has to be programmed and usually by a dealer once it is replaced in order for it to work properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete