Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 ...it has lost all power it…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 ...it has lost all power it will start and idle but won't go past 1000 rpms in gear..

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

It will rev some in neutral when its cold ..but when you put it in gear it will barely pull itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I took the plugs out and they were black..none of them were firing right

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
8/6/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This usually means the catalytic converter is clogged. Completely remove front oxygen sensor to relieve exhaust pressure, if that brings power back this verifies the converter is clogged. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok what do you think?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I just got ripped off!

Ever get it figured out? Did you see my answer about clogged converter? Thanks.