Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

We are towing a 20 ft RV with our Jeep Cherokee overland.

Customer Question

We are towing a 20 ft RV with our Jeep Cherokee overland. The word break light and the skid sign has come on.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Sorry for the delay in getting a reply, I have quite a few customers I'm helping at the moment but I just thought I'd come and let you know I was working on your issues...

The lights means there is an issue with your braking system, but don't worry your brakes will still stop you just fine.. To be honest at the dealership we replace more wheel speed sensors than anything which is most likely your issue..

The way you need to get it addressed is to either bring it into us or if your inclined then you will need to start by connecting a scantool to see what actual code it does have.. If you get a Left Front Wheel speed sensor erratic then you know you need to replace the left front wheel speed sensor. You have one in each wheel so it could be either one of them..

If you replace it yourself you won't need any special tools, just a basic socket set when you remove the wheel..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad