Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I just put a hard top on my 1998 Jeep wrangler, took her for

Customer Question

Hi. I just put a hard top on my 1998 Jeep wrangler, took her for a test drive and when I remove my foot from the bake a quick clicking noise starts and will not stop until I put my foot back on the brake. I've checked all the lights and when I do engage the traffic indicators they work correctly and the clicking noise stops while they are working - same for the hazard lights. Any suggestion as this has never happened before
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Just started today and sounds exactly like the traffic indicator lights
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to be able to fix it myself. All of the gauges are reading correctly and the fuses are good. As soon as I start the engine with my foot on the brake the clicking only starts when I remove my foot from the bake. It continues to click if I drive off without my foot on the brake.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it. Just this indicator clicking noise when I take my foot off the brake.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

While stopped brake applied and when not, are the outside lights front and rear turn and stop lamps working correct or are they pulsing or dimly lighting?