Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have an 07 jeep commander 4.7, it misses at random

Customer Question

I have an 07 jeep commander 4.7, it misses at random occasions, seems like the warmer it is, the worse it is, it has thrown a code before of random misfire, I have replaced all of the coil packs, plugs,all the o2 sensors, ignition relay, crank sensor, gas cap, none of it has changed anything, the one thing that has helped it the longest was un hooking the battery, took it about two weeks and it started back again, not sure if the computer has gotten wet, I bought it from a dealer, the engine bay was spotless, im at a loss on it, any suggestions?
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: Its came up twice I think, its stalled one time, it started right back up, the hotter it is,the worse it is, just spits and cuts out like its carbureted
JA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive replaced all the coil packs, plugs, o2 sensors, ive had a garage look at it as well, they threw the ignition relay at it, crank sensor, neither has worked, me un hooking the battery for a few minutes helped it for about two weeks, then eventually started back again, not sure if it be the computer since I know the dealer washed the engine to detail it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats about it, its religiously done the same thing, but I notice the temperature outside effects how it acts, hotter is worse, cooler temps it dont really do it
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Are you getting any codes?