Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

It will not turnover. Theft light remains on. I'm not sure…

Customer Question
It will not turnover...

It will not turnover. Theft light remains on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

I'm not sure what one to check. It's an 07 jeep liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I've tried disconnecting and reconnectinvthe battery. I've tried leaving key in the ignition leaving just the battery on for 15 min

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. I only have one key lol. I lost my spare

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jeep
8/4/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 11 months ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you asking how to repair this and are you planning on doing the repairs yourself? To be honest if you only have one key then I would call a mobile locksmith to come and cut/program you a new key which will be the cheapest route. But the proper way to diagnose this will be to connect a scantool to see what codes are in the SKIM module...

Let me know your thoughts,

Brad

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad