Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I have a highly modified 2007 Jeep SRT8. 7 leter 9Lb boost,

Customer Question

I have a highly modified 2007 Jeep SRT8. 7 leter 9Lb boost, compleTe Indy Cylinder HEADS 426 CONVERSION wit cooks long tube headers and cat back system. Makes about 800 HP @ flywheel. Recently rebuilt and retuned professionally by respected experts in the gen 3 hemi high performance field. The car is very twitchy and randomly will go to WOT when the gas peddle is lightly pushed. The race shop had never heard of the problem till it happened to them and resulted in a crash. they are at a loss. I put a code reader on it and found the voltage at the throttle body and foot peddle ( both new) would continuously fluxuate at WOT and idle with the engine stoped and the ign. on. otherwise, I have no clue. I do not believe it is a tuning issue. Over 2 1/2 weeks of tuning and driving resulted only in the crash.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello Jim,

Sounds like a combination of two things.

The default in electronic throttle operation is idle, but in your case it is going WOT.

So with an intermittent wiring or tps fault, it should go to idle.

It should also log codes, depending on what management system you are running.

Gary

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
005 (ASD relay) is the only code thrown
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

I would say if the tuner is at a loss, to start with a new system installation.

I can't offer any further advice, since this is a custom installation.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gary
I believe my situation is to clouded by the modifications to the original car. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf, but I believe I will have to look to the blower manufacture for a possible solution. Yesterday I found that If I power brake the engine slowly to just over 2000RPM, it will go WOT and not shut down for second or so after the release of the throttle. That bit of concictancy may point the way to new areas for consideration.............................Jim
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hi Jim,

Does the blower run a bypass valve for light to closed throttle?

Something for you and the blower manufacturer to consider.

Gary