Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Can an abs acceleration sensor cause a no fuel scenario? P/n

Customer Question

Can an abs acceleration sensor cause a no fuel scenario? P/n 56006315 also known as a g sensor or airbag sensor. Power loss to fuel pump
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: Yes no fuel or pressure to fuel rail
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 98 grand Cherokee 5.9
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've replaced the fuel pump, crankshaft position sensor, asd relay, fuel pump relay, car cranks but won't start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car has been in a crash and possibly had the air bags deployed.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

what codes are you getting? and have you checked fuel pressure and spark?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
P1282 and p0443 yes I have spark but no fuel pressure

that 1282 is a fuel pump relay circuit problem, we need to troubleshoot that first,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've replaced the fuel pump, asd, and fuel pump relay. Couldn't find anything else to check in relation to that circuit. Suggestions?

oh yeah I got a ton first of we need to verify voltage from the pcm that tells the relay to turn on, with key on and try in start position as well check c18 for power and c20 for ground , there should be small numbers indicating pin position

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately car is in another location ATM

well thats ok ill be online the next 3 days so whenever your ready ill be around

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can a g sensor cause the pcm to not ground the fuel pump

It could cause a ecm failure and that could cause it so in a way yes