Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

The2002jeepgrand cherokeehas chek engine ight on diag shows

Customer Question

the2002jeepgrand cherokeehas chek engine ight on diag shows trans pressure sensor selenoid according to my mechanics code reader no problems shifing just cant pass inspection should i check anything else or just replace
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: i think he said p1056 he plugs in a little blue elec device under the dash ject left of steering column
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Jeep Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the mechanic is going to do the work as he has a lift the onlything i have done is disconnect the battery cable which works for a little while after driving it some but the ce light comes backon
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Give me a few minutes to get to my laptop and research this code. I will be back asap.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Okay, P1056 is not a valid code. Can you ask the tech again what it is?

Chris