Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Have a p1265 code. What's wrong with my diesel, 2006, oil…

Customer Question
Have a p1265 code...

Have a p1265 code. What's wrong with my diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

2006, oil change 300 miles ago, fuel filter in sept 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Oil changed 300 miles ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What does code p1265 stand for.? Dealer won't tell me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
8/3/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Sorry for the long wait, I may be able to help on this concern, being no one else has offered if help is still needed.

I have to pay more to find out what that code is?

Not sure what you mean by pay more?

Can I get the make and model vehicle?

06 jeep lifestyle with a 2.8 td
Liberty

This is an erroneous code, check the Engine Control Module (ECM) for the latest flash updates. There is no fix for this code, you just need to have your local dealer update the computer with the most recent software update.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician