Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

What is the useful life of brakes on a 2013 Grand Cherokee

Customer Question

What is the useful life of brakes on a 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: original brakes with 62,000 miles on it
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm not going to fix it but I want to be able to respond to the dealer's service writer if he says I need new ones.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any other scheduled maintenance at 62,000. I have done all the regular maintenance to date
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Its hard to say when everyone drives different and has different traffic conditions and terrain on what brake pad life is, some people need them at 15k and some at 100k, if you can send pictures of the pads I can tell you for sure or not what it needs

hows it coming?