Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

Well it is lacking on power pretty bad it bucks under

Customer Question

Well it is lacking on power pretty bad it bucks under acceleration and once the motor is warm it will stall as you go to stop at a red light there are no check engine lights on and had new plugs put in about 2 weeks ago
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The light isn't on at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: It's a 2004 liberty sport 3.7 liter and it has the 5 speed manual trans
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I've put new plugs in ran sea foam cleaner through it and it has new fuel pump and filters
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It also smokes a bit when you rev the engine
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

is there a check engine light on now ? and did you scan for fault codes ?

if you unplug the IAT sensor while running does the engine stumbles or dies down or no change ?

did you check fuel pressure ? these are your specs :

2004 Jeep Truck Liberty 4WD V6-3.7L VIN K

Save Article

FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE If equipped with JTEC Powertrain Control Module using 3 electrical connectors: 339 kPa ± 34 kPa (49.2 psi ± 2 psi) If equipped with NGC Powertrain Control Module using 4 electrical connectors: 400 kPa ± 34 kPa (58 psi ± 5 psi)

that white buff of smoke could be valve stem seals ,in this case u need to check the tip of spark lugs are they wet with oil ?

can you do compression test ,u have tools ?

lets start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat