Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Jeep Certified
49095596

Can't turn off the security alarm system. Need pictures.

Customer Question

Can't turn off the security alarm system. Need pictures. 1997 Jeep
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Jeep larado and yes
JA: What is the model of your '97 Jeep?
Customer: Larado
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Using the key doesn't work anymore. I Amazon a yr old woman and don't have the foggiest idea on what I need to do to accomplish this task.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I grounded the wire after cutting it.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I know you stated that the key doesn't work any more (I'm assuming the driver's door), Have you tried unlocking the PASSENGER side front door to see if it will turn off the alarm? Both front doors have a switch integrated into the key cylinder to turn off the alarm. It is possible that the driver's side switch has broken and this may be why the alarm is stuck on... Try this first and post back the results and we can go from there if necessary....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert