Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2007 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi, I am not I took it to my

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2007 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi
JA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not I took it to my mechanic. Actually has it right now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The issue is one that seems a lot of people are having...
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My 2007 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi won't turn over and start. The battery is good, the starter is good as well. I've done research online and it appears that a lot of other people have had this issue. There doesn't seem to be one clear cut solution, however I have found some similar solutions posted in various forums that seem to have helped quite a few people.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

this the starting wiring circuit system

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The latter. My Jeep is actually with the mechanic now for the second time this week. The problem is like playing Russian Roulette. When they got the car on Monday morning it started fine for them, but again, this is identical to what many people online have said in regards ***** ***** starting issue with the Commander

The starter relay control is from ecm , so we have few things needs checking

but we can trace it and be accurate

the ecm and wiring to it is common, starter relay , igntion switch

I agree he is guessing and you do not want that and end up throwing parts at it

the Starter relay has 4 pins , if he know how to check fro power and ground he can pin point the issue also a capable chrysler scaner is best to have

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You'll have to break that down in layman's terms lol. I'm no mechanic but I am going to take this information and transcribe it for my mechanic
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You there?

Pin # 30 is battery constant power, ,pin #86 is igntion power when switch on

Pin 85 is ecm control

pin 87a is starter ground

so what is he missing at time of no start it is simple

click on link and download & print the circuit for him the wiring circuit and show him that and also show him the starter relay pins as i described

now if the anti theft is triggered onand that is why no start ,then that will be different

then we need a capable scaner does he have one that car anti theft moduel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sir, I am not a mechanic. You'll have to work with me in order to help me out. Everything you're saying makes no sense to me. I'm at home. I dropped the car off at my mechanic's shop. My goal in this conversation is to get the correct information to help him properly fix the issue.

did you get the last reply ?

wiring circuit and relay testing ,tell him that and what else i can tell you here

if he tells you what he is missing let me know i can help you further I will know if it is battery side ,switch side or pcm / ecm computer and we can follow the circuit from there

DOES HE HAVE A CHRYSLER SCANNER THAT CAN READ ANTO THEFT MODULE ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have no idea if he has a Chrysler Scanner. calling him now

OK LET ME KNOW

ARE U ABLE TO SEE THE LINK AND PRINT IT ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why are you writing in all caps? You're supposed to be assisting me. It's called customer SERVICE. Good lord.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Anyway, this isn't helping, you're not listening and just throwing out mechanic jargon and I said, I am not a mechanic so relaying that information is not as simple as you might assume.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I got off the phone with him, he I just read back to him everything you've written and he says that they already did all that.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's not anti theft, and there were no codes popping up the first time they ran it. Whatever that means.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
btw, I downloaded the PDF
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, what happens when they jumper the relay from position 30 to 87 on the starter realy plug?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey David. I'm not a mechanic, so, unfortunately, I don't know... Also, I'm not with my mechanic right now, he's at his shop.

ok, I cant put it in any simpler terms though, Some mechanics throw all this big worded jargon at you and dont take into consideration the skill level of most people.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's all good. I'm signing off here. I appreciate your assistance.

ok, no need to leave a rating. take care. would you like a refund?