Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

I have been having an issue with my ac system i own a jeep

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have been having an issue with my ac system i own a jeep wrangler jk 2009 my evaporator was leak i replaced it with a brand new mopar evaporator
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: hoses are fine there is no leak in the hoses but i do hear a hissing sound when ever the compressor kicks in
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have repplaced the evaporator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no a mechanic is doing it for me
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

is the hissing coming from inside the cabin or under the hood ?

is the ac working correctly , cool and not losing any freeon ?

is the evaporator draining ,if you run ac and look under car do you see water condensation dripping ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi thanks for replying
The hissing sound is coming from the cabin and the cooling is good
I had problem with my evaporator it was leak i replaced it with a genuine one from mopar local dealer..
The hissing sound comes up when the compressor kicks in ..stays for 2 or 3 seconds and goes off...it comes up again when the compressor kicks in...
And what i feel is when i accelerate and the compressor engages the sound becomes more but cooling is good when the compressor works and when it disengages the air is not that much cold but we can say it's cold enough...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i can see the water under my car draining...

few questions

did you use an ac machine ,recover ,evacuate, vacuum 40 min , make sure holding vacuum and refill ?

or used freeon cans to fill after evap replacement ?

have you tried opening hood and have somebody in car turn ac on , is the sound coming from engine then traveling inside can you check ?

do you seal any oil in front of the ac compressor clutch ?

do you have ac gauges ,what are the low and high side when ac running ,showing fro readings ?

did you have any problem installing the evap especialy the connection at the fire wall , there is rubber grommet there u put it back around the lines at fire wall

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the mechanic used a freon 134a american made gas to fill
the pressure reading was 30 or 29 on the low side
and i dont actually see any oil near the compressor clutch.
and regarding the grommet they used a brand new O rings between the expansion valve

I m thinking you are hearing the freeon charge when it goes in the evap since only 2 to 3 secs ?

or is it like air sound ?

does turning the blower motor speed low to high has any effect ?

there is insulation and box that evap goes in , if not sealed right you might hear the charge more inside since it is there to preventing u hearing it as sound insulation , as long as it is cooling and 20 30 is what you want to see, so we can say it is not a leaking freeon line because it will have made compressor quit by now when it loose the freeon , .

this a hard one since i can not hear it :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its hard to describe the sound but its exactly the same sound everytime i guess its the freon charge sound as if u pressing a shaving foam and it comes out its exactly the same sound which i described.
and if i turn the blower to two or three the sound is increased noticeably .
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just dont wana open my dash again and again as u know no one can fix the dashboard same as a factory one.

To be Honest with you , These jeep especially they will make a loud charge ,I have seen it especial after evap installation , if it only happens for 2 to 3 secs and the cooling system working ,leave it alone,

we want be able to know for sure unless we open dash and visulay inspect ,evap ,box sealing etc , I honestly can not think of anything can cause that other than the freeon charge when you turn ac on and freeon rushes in the evap

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright thanks but i hope i dont get charged again if i start a conversation with u thanks alot

YOU ARE WELCOME

Thank You
Chad Farhat

no you want charged again

you can keep coming back and ask me any follow up questions on same issue as many times as u want

just copy the link or go to your account to old post

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800