Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Can you now take my question that is intended for you from

Customer Question

Hey Eric, can you now take my question that is intended for you from the Tech who started to answer. I have fully explained the symptoms. I want to get some traction and not have to wait more time. Post ed question on 7/25/17 to Eric,
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi eric, I want you to know the true cause of my question about the cam gears and the suspected out of alignment with the engine block. Seem I had the crank turned at tbc with the valves open but the cam hole was at the top center of the cam gear instead of at the bottom center of the cam gear. After rotating the crank again to TDC the cam hole lined up with the engine block holes . I was then able to insert the 8mm pins and move forward to remove the chain tensioner and then the water pump. So thats what had me believing the timing chain had caught causing something to bend and result in mis alignment. Alls well that ends well. Thanks. I would have like a more timely response. Have a enjoyable day
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Sorry about that, I left on the morning of the 24th for Alaska for vacation for 10 days and only have very sporadic wifi. I wasnt able to log on to here until this morning when I got to Denali.