Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I just had my ignition control module replaced because my YJ

Customer Question

i just had my ignition control module replaced because my YJ would stop on me while running and afterward not turn on (turn the key, clicking noise, engine won't start)..fixed that.So one day after driving fine for many weeks I try to turn my car on and there is no clicking of the starter. car won't start.I check my battery is working by testing the headlights for dimming when i turn the ignition. The battery is fine. I'm thinking its the starter but i keep hitting solenoid with no results. (I just ordered a new starter, it's on its way. I hope it solves my problem)On another note. I recently checked my engine oil and from the levels, i saw on the dipstick, I have to add more oil.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: i dont know how to check fuses. I dont have fuse checking equipment at home
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1989 jeep wrangler YJ 5 spd manual 4 cylinder
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive just tried hitting the starter with a wrench and ordered a new starter. twisted some hoses and wires and replugged them back in I have video of all of this if it would help I uploaded the videos
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Unplug clutch switch on top of clutch pedal and jump wires together, let me know if that allows it to start.