Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My gauges show no high temperatures but the motor is very

Customer Question

My gauges show no high temperatures but the motor is very hot . Not using air conditioning. I've notice that the ignition will turn over but slow to start. If I turn off and then turn on the car will start.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: The reserve tank shows full with no leaks
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2004 jeep gran cherokee
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No - not experience enough.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the car safe to drive?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Your're saying I need to contact this other site?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Where is the temperature gauge at when it is warmed up to operating temp? Half way or ??

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Half way
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Half way is ok. That is about 210 to 217 degrees F. That is hot, but not overheating. Today's vehicles are designed to run hot for emission reasons. Not loosing any coolant, then she is not overheating and is perfectly safe to drive.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, did you receive my last reply?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Well not sure where you went, but I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.

Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris