sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Airbag light is on, passenger front seat not responding when

Customer Question

Airbag light is on, passenger front seat not responding when passenger is in the seat or not? No chime, no disable airbag light nothing.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2008 Grand Cherokee
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all wiring, checked fuses, removed seat looked for anything abnormal, found nothing other than that the seatbelt chime (when the seat is occupied) does not work. So if it is unbuckled you should hear the chime when seat occupied by an adult.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have more than one airbag related issue or the airbag light may just bbe on due to an occuplant classification system issue. The problem coudl be with the mdoule itself, wiring, or it could be a weight sensor issue.

What will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the airbag module and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!