Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Where is located or how mane characters is the engine number

Customer Question

where is located or how mane characters is the engine number on a 2017 jeep cherokee
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoonIf you have the 3.6 the engine number is ***** the driver side of the block right below the coolant temp sensor.I hope this helps and I would appreciate a positive rating.Feel free to reply anytime if you need more help.Feel free to reply
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry I didn't mentioned, it's a 2.0 engine, do you know how many characters are? I went to the mechanic and he found 2 different numbers laser engraved underneath the engine one was 14 characters and the other one 17 characters long
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

It will be the one with stars on each end..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found 2 numbers in front of the block none has stars at the beginning or end. is one of those? or none?
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Is there a reason you need the engine number? Is it for security, if yes then record both numbers down..

Have a great day,

Brad