Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I'm replacing the brake light switch on a 2003 Liberty. I

Customer Question

I'm replacing the brake light switch on a 2003 Liberty. I can't get to it because a dash panel is in the way. How do I remove the dash panel on the left of the dash under the steering wheel?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jeep Liberty. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Manual doesn't get too detailed on removal of the knee bolster but it looks like it snaps into place. Check to see if there are any screws on the bottom holding it in place, if not it will just pull out. Then rotate the brake lamp switch housing counterclockwise . about 30 degrees to align the tabs on the locking collar with the keyed mounting hole in the steering column support bracket. Pull the switch straight back from the mounting hole to remove it from the steering column support bracket. Let me know if you have questions, thanks .

Expert:  Dan replied 6 days ago.

Ever get it figured out? Thanks.