Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

95 ZJ wont start. my wife drove it to school and as she was

Customer Question

95 ZJ wont start. my wife drove it to school and as she was pulling in to the parking spot, it died, she went to class and after class it wouldn't start, just crank. I went to check it out checked fuel pressure and there was none so I thought it was the fuel pump. towed it home changed it as well asthe fuel filter and still no start. checked relayes and fuses and all were fine swaped relays and still no start. read up on how to jump the relay and the fuel pump comes on. still no start. read up on the ECU issues on my jeep and remembered I had this same problem about 9 years ago, went to a pickapart and got another ECU and put it in and still no start. iv also try the key in the passage door thinking its a security thing, but to luck. havnt changed any thing else. is there a chance that the pickapart ecu is bad too and I still need one or is it the crank position sensor? or even something I havnt thought of?that was my original problem that never got fixed when I was working with some one here. I ended up taking it to the dealer and they found out that is was something to do with the alarm, and got it to run for two weeks. when it stopped running, I parked it for the night and the next morning I tried to start it but it just cranked. I took it back and 4 months later they never got it to run again. what I do know now is that is cranks but wont start. I'm getting fuel but no spark or power to the coil. iv replaced all fuses and relays and still nothing. is there a way I can run power straight to the coil? and try to get it to start or is it the ecu that's a year old and only ran for two weeks?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi again
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no codes, not sure if its the asd, computer, wiring
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Do the engine have injector pulse while cranking it over?