Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have the grand Cherokee 2007 3.0 diesel and the fuel pump

is very noisy and slow JA...
I have the grand Cherokee 2007 3.0 diesel and the fuel pump is very noisy and slow
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: Origional
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A new one costs 750 plus labor---is there a fuel filter?.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It still pumps up fuel bet it takes longer and sounds like a rattle, ben like that for a month now
6/12/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

In most cases if the pump has become noisy and is slow to prime that usually means the pump is in the early stages of failing and at some point soon you are going to want to replace it.

I thought so is there a fuel filtering

There are Two fuel filters used. One is located at the bottom of the fuel pump module. The other is located inside the module. Changing the fuel pump assembly will include these filters as well.

Ok Thank you

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Very good servicemen and very polite

Thank you , the rating is located at the top right hand side of the page.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician