Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Have an engine code p1281. P1281 thermostat in active. 2004…

Customer Question
Have an engine code...

Have an engine code p1281

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P1281 thermostat in active

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It keeps on overheating change the thermostat water pump and the sensor but the fan is not coming on

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
6/3/2017
Jeep Mechanic: bill, jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
bill
bill, jeep master tech

first question how are you determining it is overheating?

are you using the gauge on the dash or some other method normal operating temp is around 212 to 220 degrees for this engine in this year

does the fan come on with the a/c on?