Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

While installing seat cover in 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Customer Question

While installing seat cover in 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo my niece cut the wires in two, not realizing they controlled something. Can these wires be repaired or replaced and what other than air bags do they control
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I bought vehicle and it doesn't have any manuals with it. Dealership advised to download one, so no diagrams
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just purchased a week ago, so I haven't done anything to it , the airbag maintenance icon appeared after the wires had been cut. Can this be repaired and who can repair?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How expensive is the repair/replacement?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Yes the wires can be soldered and heat shrinked back together while the negative battery cable is off. If you can tell me where these wires are and there color I can tell you what they control.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris