Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

This is on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Freedom Edition). I

Customer Question

This is on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Freedom Edition). I was stupid and attempted to install a pc74 bulb into the main instrument cluster (it was the wrong bulb) and heard a pop and all 5 bulbs ceased to function. I tried a new bulb and still no go. I checked every single fuse on this car and still nothing. (Everything else on the cluster works except for it lighting up when headlights/marker lights are on) Is there anything that you suggest so I can fix this?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Confirm pin 9 black wire to the cluster is a good ground. Pin 8 violet/orange and pin 6 pink/red verify they are powered with the key on. If you get those results then you have cooked the circuit board in the cluster.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose