Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

It sucks,seriously tho,my 2008 Liberty rear doors will not

Customer Question

It sucks,seriously tho,my 2008 Liberty rear doors will not unlock,I even climbed into the back seat trying to pull the plungers up, but nope
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yep
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep, I have checked fuses,I popped off the back seat door handle panel sprayed wd40, used the keep fob multiple times and the only thing that does is set off my 4 ways. I'm female by the way and kinda know some stuff
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I get them both to open,they are both locked and will not respond
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
The door latches have become jammed up for some reason. I have seen the window regulator cable break and get stuck in the latch assembly, or linkage. You will need to remove the interior door panels and investigate this. I can send you the procedures for removing that panel when I am on my morning break at work today. . . Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How am I'm going to remove the panels if I can't get the doors open? But okay,I will check back,thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When is your break?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
It is tough to remove them with the doors closed. But it can be done. My break is in about 45 minutes. . . . Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Okay, I have put together the procedure in that link below. It will open up in a Word document when you click on it.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, any luck getting those door panels off?. . . . Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply and/or answer and procedures I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you did or did not . I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply and/or answer and procedures I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you did or did not . I can send it again if necessary. Chris