Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I replaced the rotors, calipers and pads, after the pass

Customer Question

Hello, I replaced the rotors, calipers and pads, after the pass side brake grabed and pulled the jeep to that side. Now after I started the jeep I have no resistance in the brakes at all. Please help me.
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Brand new rotors, 90,000 miles.
JA: What is the model of your '90 Jeep?
Customer: "94" Wrangler
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I take it you didn't read what I did. I replaced the rotors calipers and pads on both front.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why do I have not brakes at all.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

The reason for the no brake pedal is that there is either a brake fluid leak in the system (which causes air to enter the brake hydraulic lines) or the master cylinder is faulty.

You will need to verify that the fluid is full and possibly bleed the brakes to ensure there is no air pockets in the system.

Sometimes air can enter through the banjo bolt fitting if it is not properly tightened down which will cause a no or low brake pedal issue like you are experiencing.

Please double check the brake fluid level and check for any leaks and reply back if you need any further assistance. I will be happy to help!

Regards,

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>