Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2009 Jeep Compass that has the following codes

Customer Question
coming up P2004 & P2017...
I have a 2009 Jeep Compass that has the following codes coming up P2004 & P2017, what should I look at checking
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
4/13/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Most likely cause for those codes is sticking runner valves in the intake manifold. The fix is to replace the entire intake manifold...

Here is a bit of info on the codes

--->> Click Here to view <<---

This info is not specific to your vehicle but it gives you the idea as to the diagnostics involved....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was looking online and there shows a runner control valve, could that be the issue ?

Yes, Unfortunately this is part of the intake manifold assembly. There is also an actuator that can be replaced separately from the intake manifold but from previous experience with these codes and this engine, replacing the entire intake manifold will be required to solve this issue...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.