Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Can't disable alarm with opening drivers side door with key.

Customer Question
Can't disable alarm...

Can't disable alarm with opening drivers side door with key. The keyless remote will only open passenger door. When I use key to open drivers door alarm sounds and car will start the shut off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No . Where is it located

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2004 keep grand Cherokee special addition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Tried locking all doors and just using the key as entry , also using remote to try and disarm but down not work

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
4/7/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Good afternoonWhen you press the lock on the remote does the horn sound? Then when you press the unlock do all the doors unlock? You should have a gray headed key, do you have a spare gray headed key?