Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Jeep Certified
49095596

Upper end ticking in the 4.0L engine, bottom end new, had

Customer Question

Upper end ticking in the 4.0L engine, bottom end new, had cracked head. Replaced lifters, rocker and installed reman head. Any ideas?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: On top under the valve cover, sounds like. Just started after the bottom end repair and cracked head
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2000 sahara wrangler
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im in the process of buying it from my neighbor. This what all they have tried
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: new bottom end crank, bearings, camshaft turned, pistons, rockers, lifters and new head gasket and reman head
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

How loud is the noise? Is it possible for you to make a video recording of the engine idling making the noise and post it here so I can view and hear the noise? If I can hear the noise, I'll be able to tell what you will need to do first...

If you can make a video, let me know and if you can post it to YouTube and post a link here so I can view it, It will help greatly...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.