Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Can anyone tell me how to reset the lsa sales code on a 1998

Customer Question

Can anyone tell me how to reset the lsa sales code on a 1998 jeep PCM? I have a used one with the same part number but it is looking for serurity on my 1998 Grand CHerokee but I do not have LSA. I have a drb3, witech, and a snap on pass through pro.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

What exactly are you trying to reset on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to reset the LSA on the pcm.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry I am not familiar with LSA??

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you do not know the answer, why did you respond? Please put the question back up.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I dont even know what your asking. Once you explain, I will be able to tell you if this is something I can help with.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You must be familiar with the Chrysler LSA sales code.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

No sir, never heard of it.

Will leave this open for other experts.

Good luck!

Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

once security is enabled it CANNOT be disabled in the field ONLY a rebuilder can reset your computer to NON security

also be aware it's also VERY likely you taught the body computer (which is in partner with security) you now HAVE security again once taught it CANNOT be undone in the field

this was done for reasons of theft, a factory security system would be of little use if it was easy to disable

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How does the rebuilder do it?
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

with specialized software available only to companies allowed to repair and reprogram vehicle computers, this has to due with emissions laws and to prevent the problem you have

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the specialized software?
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

sorry no one in the field has access to that you will need to find a local rebuilder and ask them to attempt to reset the theft alarm and hope you didn't teach the body computer it has theft alarm

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am a rebuilder. Where can I find the software?
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

if you are a certified rebuilder then you should have full access to all the necessary software

i also see you have a habit of not rating so i must now opt out

have a great year

Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Does your programming equipment allow you to access the "hex code" stored in the PCM? If it does, I suspect that this is how you would change the anti theft programming in the PCM...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert