Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I tried to start it this morning and the key seems to stay

Customer Question

I tried to start it this morning and the key seems to stay in the start position without the vehicle actually starting. Nothing like this has happened before. I have been very happy with my jeep.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: bright lights, full battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2012 jeep compass
JA: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven't gotten it out of my driveway today. I am willing to try to do it myself. Can't get into a garage until monday
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: last night i drove it to fill up on gas and then stopped at the store with no problems whatsoever. Until it was time to leave this morning
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Your saying the key itself is stuck in the start position? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 min and see if a hard reset will help?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i haven't tried to disconnect the batteryI am haven't worked on my own vehicles before. Divorced
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is this a one time charge?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i want no further charges to my card. I don't seem to be getting any answers
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

Try disconnecting the battery and see if it will start.. If not then you will need to all a tow truck. The ignition will need to be programmed with a scantool if it needs to be replaced..

And unless you signed up for a monthly subscription then yes it's a one-time fee..

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry but you just replied 2 min ago, this is live chat so you have to give me time to type my reply..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just frustrated
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

I understand and I'm here to help.. Try disconnecting the negative terminal for 10 min and see if it will start.. Let me know how it goes..