Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Trying to wire the drivers side new led tail light. The led

Customer Question
has red, yellow, and green...
Trying to wire the drivers side new led tail light. The led has red, yellow, and green wires. How do I connect them to a 2006 tj? Thanks.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your TJ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried multiple connections. Not very electrically knowledgeable.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
11/19/2016
Jeep Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do you have a part number for the new lights?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe, its down in the parking garage. Lights are from Brightlight. Should i go down and look on the light?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Try this KL-25117

Thanks, ***** ***** Give me just a minute to write up your answer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Manufacturer part # kl-98521
ABPL # kl3456fw

I appreciate your patience. I'm having issues with the canadian wiring diagram not showing all the wires. Unfortunately I'm going to have to opt out so another expert may assist you. Someone should be with you shortly.

If you just want to use a test lgiht to find the funtion of your current wires here how they wire to the new ones

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anybody there?
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The white/tan wire is the brake lamp.

Dark green/red on the left side is the turn signal, brown/red on the right.

White/yellow is park lamps.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician