Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Red AirBag warning light is on - on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler

Customer Question

Red AirBag warning light is on - on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport / Islander dashboard
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you going to be repairing this yourself, or just looking at what could be wrong? If your going to be repairing this yourself then what codes are active in the AIrbag module?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not put it to an OBD II scan tool yet - I'll do that tonight and see if I can get a code to share with you.Thanks, Brad!Ken
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

Ken, thanks for the reply!!

Yes let me know what codes it has..

Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

Any luck on the codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well...no.The red dash light for the airbag is still on (solid - all the time).My OBD II reader must not be good enough (AUTEL) - as it shows no codes.Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for...but the diag codes / "check engine light" codes = 0 or none.
(and the orange CEL is not on in the jeep - only the red airbag light is on)What else you got?
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

I will not be able to help you get it fixed until your able to tell me what codes it has.. You have a cheap code reader which isn't capable of retrieving codes from the airbag module. Post the codes here once you have them.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try to get those codes for you soon. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Ok keep me posted!!

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

This is stil an open question.. Any luck on the codes?

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Ken today is the last day of the month.. This is still an open question I have not received credit because you haven't rated.. If you need more help you can still reply after the rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dealer said there is an open recall on my jeep for the airbag clockspring and when they get that part in - they will replace it at no cost to me and the airbag light should go out.Agree?
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Ken I would not be able to agree or disagree without knowing what codes are setting.. If it is a clockspring code then yes I would agree that he recall should take care of it..

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Ken do you still need help with this open question?