Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
29331485

I had the front bumper replaced on my 2015 jeep Cherokee

Customer Question

I had the front bumper replaced on my 2015 jeep Cherokee trailhawk and afterwards, the ParkSense Sensors don't work. I get the message, "service parksense" the collision shop said the computer should reset within 50 miles but that is not the case. Any ideas on what I can do or should I just go to the dealership
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee Trailhawk yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything so far. I looked through the manual and thought it might be a fuse or the ParkSenseModule, but that's it.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Hi Customer.

To be honest if the system worked before the bumper was replaced then the shop most likely damaged the wiring to one or more sensor on the bumper when they removed your old one .BUT if the bumper was in a small accident could of been this.

The sensors will not reset after 50 miles this is not true.....

Best way to see what what has failed is to have the Jeep hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for park sensor malfunction codes .this will let you knw which ones have failed ,circuit malfunction etc.

Or go back and ask them to please check all are connected and no wiring is damaged from the repair .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg