Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

I have a 2006 Commander 4.7L When I try to start it's

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Commander 4.7L When I try to start it's cranking but not starting I had it towed in a garage a few weeks back and they kept the car for almost 2 weeks and couldn't find the problem. When the car was there it was just starting fine. After that I drove it without problem but now it's back again
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Yes all have been checked
JA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think it's a electronic problem that the fuel pump does not comes on when I'm starting. So in the workshop we checked the pump and all the wiring at it is ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was an ignition switch recall for this car maybe that's. That was beginning of the year
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is Vlad.

You will to determine whether it is a fuel or ignition related problem.

You can try to start the engine by using some starting fluid or carb cleaner and spraying it into the air intake/ throttle body.

If it starts or at least attempts to start, then we can assume that your ignition system is good and you have an issue with fuel supply .

If it does not start, then you might have a problem with the ignition system. If this is the case, then I would start from checking Crank and cam shaft position sensors. They usually trigger a trouble code if faulty.

Let me know how it goes.