Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Car thinks the passenger door is always open on my 2001

Customer Question
Grand Cherokee Laredo. Just...
car thinks the passenger door is always open on my 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Just started this morning
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
10/18/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Open the door, there should be a door ajar switch. Try pushing it by hand to get the door ajar light to turn off. The switch itself is the problem if nothing changes. If you can get it to work then the door is not adjusted properly.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Aloha Dan,
I apologize for the late response. I couldn't find a switch on either the passenger's or driver's door. Another problem started occurring - I was not able to close the car windows, lock the doors or open the back gate. I did some searching online and found that it was a common problem for my vehicle and checked the wires between the passenger door and the vehicle body. I found the thick black wire was broken. I stripped away some of the coating and used a butt splice to get the ends connected again and all the problems went away! Thanks! Keith

Great glad to hear you were able to find and repair the problem. I have seen this problem before as well.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician