Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

2015 compass sport that the drivers seat does not come with

Customer Question
a height adjuster . JA: Are...
2015 compass sport that the drivers seat does not come with a height adjuster .
JA: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I figured I would go to junk yard and replace it but I am wondering if the wiring is in place to put a power seat in at a shop
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: the sport does not come with an adjuster so it has to be replaced my daughters cannt see
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it much work for a shop to put in electric seat if wiring was there
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
10/11/2016
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

If you have manual seats then the wiring for power seats is not there so if you wanted power seats you would have to connect the up and down to a toggle switch.. We get asked quite a bit about adding folding mirrors, power seats, and other options and on todays vehicles each component runs thru a module that is programmed to only operate certain sales codes, some sales codes you can add such as for trailer tow wiring, navigation, etc.. If you wanted to add power seats and have them work like factory then you would need the seats, modules, wiring, it would be quite expensive..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech