Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I checked compression & it is good. I removed the injectors

Customer Question
I checked compression & it...
I checked compression & it is good. I removed the injectors and cleaned them and installed them--cylinders 5 & 7 injectors were installed in cylinders 1 & 3. Started engine and still had a miss. Scanned for info and found that the same two cylinders (5 & 7) were still misfiring. Still need suggestions.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 218,000 miles and misfire is steady.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2003 grand cherokee
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had this conversation yesterday and provided all the info. Do you not have access to yesterday's posts?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jeep
10/11/2016
Jeep Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 year ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine do you have in your Jeep?

Did you write down the compression readings for all 8 cylinders? What where the readings?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4.7--The compression readings were between 120psi and 130 psi on cylinders 1, 3, 5, & 7

You really need to do a comp test on the other side of the engine so you have numbers to compare to the ones you have. I will also need to know the exact numbers for all of the cylinders please, so write each one down, so I know what you are dealing with please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I did not respond in an expeditiously. Attached is all I have done and also observations I made.

Hold on I have to install a doc file opener.

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman