Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Broke a plastic tube that runs from the side of the intake

Customer Question

broke a plastic tube that runs from the side of the intake box all over the top of the engine,cant find the part number.i believe it is now affecting my throttle control.i think its a vacuum line
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 160000k its a manual
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2004 jeep liberty with the 3.7*****
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would fix it myself but I cannot find the part number to buy a new one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

I believe you are describing the pcv valve breather tube.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sounds right it's a hard plastic tube that's runs to the back of the enine and also across the top
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is the part number
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

My parts department at the dealer could look this up but they are closed. I do not have access to the part number. Go into the dealer and talk to the parts department, they can pull up a picture of the emissions system and you can point to the line that you need.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks,