Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have straight 6cylinder 4.0 jeep grand Cherokee 2000 can't

Customer Question

I have straight 6cylinder 4.0 jeep grand Cherokee 2000 can't fine a fan clutch spinner wrench to hold pulley where can I buy one
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No need to change water pump it's leaking need to hold fan in place
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am, have worked on all my trucks jeeps
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just where can I fine the fan clutch spinner wrench that fit truck
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This is the tool I use for the fan clutch. You put it in an air hammer and it works every time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You do this with the belt on to hold the pulley.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a woman and I've order the set from Amazon item number is ***** 44180 but it say fit but is a hair off with tits on either side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep paying. First 18 now 26 still no answer total that plus about $80 for what
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Try applying pressure to the belt tensioner to tighten the belt to hold the pulley, then tap your wrench with a hammer to loosen the fan counterclockwise.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The phone call did not go through, I did not ask you for the phone call the site automatically does.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Also use a torch to heat up the fan nut. The heat will help loosen it. The tapping from the hammer on the wrench will act like an air hammer.