Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. My repairer

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. My repairer tells me there is a crack in the fuel filler tube, which is causing my check engine light to come on. They want to replace the entire gas tank which does not make sense. Isn't the fuel filler tube a separate part on this vehicle.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

On this vehicle, the fuel filler tube is separate from the fuel tank. However, on the tank itself, there is a small tube that connects the tank to the filler tube. So, depending on where the crack is would determine whether or not the tank needs to be replaced. I've made an image that should better show how the tank is setup. Click here to view the image: https://goo.gl/JhjXK7

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Doug! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

..