Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I need to replace the drivers side front seatbelt receiver

Customer Question

I need to replace the drivers side front seatbelt receiver (part on seat).
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2006 Grand Cherokee
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to repair myself. I just picked up the latch assembly from the dealer. No installation instructions included
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It would be nice to have a list of tools required and step by step instruction.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

this is how you replace the buckle part of the seat belt

1. Move the front seat to its most rearward position for easiest access to the front seat belt buckle lower anchor nut.
  2. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. Wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before further service.
  3. Remove the front seat from the vehicle.
  4. Remove the side shield from the inboard side of the front seat cushion.
  5. Disconnect the seat wire harness connector (2) from the seat belt tensioner initiator.
  6. If so equipped, disconnect the seat belt switch pigtail wire connector (3) from the seat wire harness connector for the seat belt switch.
  7. Remove the nut (4) that secures the front seat belt buckle (1) lower anchor to the stud on the inboard side of the seat cushion frame.
  8. Remove the seat belt buckle and tensioner from the front seat as a unit.

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer